Post Docs & Research Associates
Postdoctoral Membership in the Institute of Plant Breeding, Genetics & Genomics
The Institute of Plant Breeding, Genetics & Genomics (IPBGG) has a postdoctoral member category to facilitate their integration and a sense of belonging in the PBGG community. PhD-level research scientists also qualify for this membership.
Postdoctoral members of the IPBGG will have access to PBGG resources (such as travel support and retreat participation), can participate in organization of PBGG activities, propose PBGG events, provide suggestions for PBGG seminar speakers, serve on selected committees, and participate in governance discussions, but will have no vote.
PBGG Postdoctoral members are expected to be active members of the PBGG community, participate in PBGG events, take advantage of some of the benefits listed above, and contribute to the overall PBGG mission.
To apply for postdoctoral member status within IPBGG, candidates must
- Work for a PI who is member of the IPBGG
- Perform research in the broad area of plant breeding, genetics & genomics
- Prepare an application packet to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes
- A description of how your research relates to an area of PBGG
- A CV
- A statement from your PI in support of your membership within the IPBGG
- Professional title
- Name of Sponsor (PI)
- Department/Center Affiliation
- Cell/Work phone number
- Campus mailing address
- LinkedIn and Google Scholar profiles
- Twitter handle
- A photo of yourself. Note: your photo should have an aspect ration of 2x3 and not exceed 600 pixels in width. We are after candid action photos- see examples. Please avoid passport or driver's license type of photos. Avoid photos taken against a wall or blank surface or wearing formal clothing.
All applications will be reviewed by the steering committee for approval.